The big question – the question I’m asked over and over again is about...
Fundraising. A necessary evil. A dirty word. I’d like to take some time to explain why we rely so heavily on fundraising.
Let’s start with the simple answer – because we want our Dragon Band program to be world class. We want these students to have what they need to perform at the highest-level possible. Without many of the things our fundraising money provides; they simply cannot do that.
We are ALL boosters. Everyone with a student in the band program at RRHS or one of our feeder middle schools is automatically a booster. Don’t worry...we’ll teach you the secret handshake later. Our job as boosters is to provide support to the band program in the form of volunteer hours and monetary support.
What does the monetary support pay for?
These funds pay for many different things within the program. Summer band instruction, region master classes, equipment and instrument maintenance and replacement, color guard support, scholarships, and financial support for our 3 feeder middle school band programs are just a few of the things that this support provides.
But where does this money come from?
This is where you, the parents and families, come in…we need your help! In order to provide and pay for all of the things listed above, we need our families to support our fundraisers. Without the support of our families for fundraisers like: the Car Raffle, Golf Tournament, Mattress Sale, Test Drive, and other fundraisers, we would not have the funds to donate back to our band.
If we don’t hit our budgeted numbers, things will need to be prioritized and expenses will be cut.
How can you help?
Listed below are just a few ways to help. We sincerely appreciate any and all help you can give us. Choose a few today and get started to move RRBB and the Dragon Band closer to achieving our goals!
- Sell and turn in your Car Raffle tickets! Posting to social media is an easy way to get your 10 tickets sold!
- Volunteer for 1 or more concession stand shifts. It takes about 50 people at each football game to man the stands and it’s a great way to get to know some of our other Dragon Band families!
- Know a local business that might want to be a sponsor? Contact a board member with their contact information and we will reach out to them.
- Sign up to help plan upcoming fundraisers! We would love input on new ways to fundraise.
- Sign up for a current fundraising committee including: golf tournament, sponsorships, and fundraising planning.
What will you do to help our students achieve new heights?
As always, we appreciate the help and support of our Dragon Band families! Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or would like to get more involved!